Do you know why it is necessary to get the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis? Do you have an idea of what plantar fasciitis is? Most likely you do, and that is why your are reading this article right now.
However, the real question is; do you know that excessive pressure on your foot can tear or damage your ligaments? Yes, when plantar fasciitis gets inflamed, it causes stiffness and pain in the heel.
You see now that it is quite necessary for you to get the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. In the rest of this article, we have taken the pleasure to expound on 10 of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. Enjoy!
- 1 Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Listed Bellow
- 2 Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Reviewed
- 2.1 1. Diadora Speed Blushield 4 AG Men’s Tennis shoe
- 2.2 2. Mizuno Men’s Wave Exceed Tour 4 All Court Tennis Shoe
- 2.3 3. K-Swiss Men’s Ultrashot 2 Tennis Shoe
- 2.4 4. Z-CoiL 32 Women’s Freedom Slip Resistant Enclosed Coil Leather Tennis Shoe
- 2.5 5. ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 8 Tennis Shoes
- 2.6 6. Lotto Mirage 100 Speed Mens Tennis shoe
- 2.7 7. Nike Women’s Tennis Air Zoom Vapor Cage 4
- 2.8 8. New Balance Women’s FuelCell 996 V4 Hard Court Tennis Shoe.
- 2.9 9. Babolat Men’s Tennis SFX 3 All Court
- 2.10 10. New Balance Men’s 806 V1 Tennis Shoe
- 3 Top 3 winners for Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final words
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis Listed Bellow
- Diadora Speed Blushield 4 AG Men’s Tennis shoe
- Mizuno Men’s Wave Exceed Tour 4 All Court Tennis Shoe
- K-Swiss Men’s Ultrashot 2 Tennis Shoe
- Z-CoiL 32 Women’s Freedom Slip Resistant Enclosed Coil Leather Tennis Shoe
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 8 Tennis Shoes
- Lotto Mirage 100 Speed Mens Tennis shoe
- Nike Women’s Tennis Air Zoom Vapor Cage 4
- New Balance Women’s FuelCell 996 V4 Hard Court Tennis Shoe.
- Babolat Men’s Tennis SFX 3 All Court
- New Balance Men’s 806 V1 Tennis Shoe
Top 10 Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis Reviewed
1. Diadora Speed Blushield 4 AG Men’s Tennis shoe
- Weight: the product weighs 15.7 ounces
- Width: Appropriate Medium
- Length: Quite long
- Arch: Medium-Low
- Break-in: Nil
Just like every other former version, the Diadora Men’s Speed Blushield 4 AG Tennis Shoes retains a comfortable feel. In addition to the development from past models, it has been designed with some extra useful features to enhance performance, especially on the court.
A major feature of this product is that the upper and heel have been modified and designed to provide stability, softness, and at the same time allow you to move more naturally. Furthermore, the characteristics of durability and impressive comfort that were popular in former models, will most definitely also be felt by tennis players of all skill stages, whether novice, intermediate or even professional.
Further features about this product; in terms of its upper, insole, midsole, and outsole, will be discussed below.
- Upper: The upper is made of a combination of Air Mesh, Suprelitech, and D-Skin upper that have been designed to increase resistance to wear and tear that are usually caused as a result of optimal performance activities. These components equally allow a breathable environment for the regulation of temperature and for convenience sake. The upper also has a gentle lycra lining that provides extra comfort. An anti-slip design is another feature is its upper.
- Insole: the Diadora Speed Blushield 4 AG Men’s Tennis Shoe has an Ortholite insole that can be removed. This insole helps to provide better comfort, and also increase the management of moisture within the tennis shoe.
- Midsole: the manufacturers of this product have incorporated a Blushield technology in the metatarsal area (the part of the foot between the toes and the ankle). This consequently helps to provide a first degree cushioning as well as energy gaincome. In addition, the midsole has a lightweight EVA that helps to provide extra comfort and maximize performance. It also features an inner arch reinforcement that boosts stability. That’s not all: this product has a deliberate incorporation of CCB technology that comprises a midline stabilizer intended to regulate torsional stability close to the arch. The best part is that this does not in anyway affect the shock-absorption capacity of the tennis shoe.
- Outsole: The outsole of the Diadora Speed Blushield 4 AG Men’s Tennis Shoe is made of a Duratech 5000 anti-wear rubber material that promotes durability. The outsole of this particular model has been optimized to perform well on any court surface; whether clay courts or hard courts.
- It provides excellent durability and traction
- It has an improved flexible heel
- It offers softer cushioning
- The Duratech 5000 outsole also comes with a 6-month warranty on hard-court models.
- The only downside with this tennis shoe is that it lacks responsiveness
2. Mizuno Men’s Wave Exceed Tour 4 All Court Tennis Shoe
This tennis shoe is an upgrade to the predecessor – Mizuno Wave Exceed Tour 3. It therefore boasts better features such as the addition of SR Touch absorption component to the PoWnCe midsole, lightweight feel, and stability. It should be recalled that the preceding model had a narrow fitting. However, this new version has been improved to have a better accommodating fit that will fit a plethora of foot-types.
- Weight: 12.4 ounces (size 10.5)
- Width: Medium
- Length: Long
- Break-in: Slight
- Arch: Medium
One prominent feature of this tennis shoe is the unison by which the D-Flex groove functions with the trademark Mizuno Wave Plate to provide shock on rough landing. It also increases lateral stability whenever a player alters course at full force. In essence, the Mizuno Men’s Wave Exceed Tour 4 All Court Tennis Shoe ranks high on our list because of its combining features of a more universal fit, improved cushioning, stability, as well as a speedy-feel.
- Upper: the upper of this tennis shoe is made of a lightweight 3-D Solid material. This material helps to enhance breathability, durability, and a convenient fit.
- Mjdsole: the midsole is made of PoWnCe. This consequently helps to provide the best lightweight experience. In addition, it also allows for a responsive absorption. Another interesting feature of the midsole is that it has been equipped with SR Touch cushioning in the forefoot area; this is done in order to give the player a premier comfortable feel. What’s more is that it features a D-Flex Groove that allows for the transfer of energy into each step, and at the same time increasing the stability.
- Outsole: the outsole is made of DuRubber that maximizes the durability to areas of high impact. Backed by a 6-months durability guarantee, the outsole material is structured into advanced herringbone design that enables adhesive friction on any kind of court surface.
- It comes with a 6-month outsole warranty
- The super-lightweight sole and D-flex groove incorporated in the midfoot allows the player to turn and accelerate with optimal power.
- It has an excellent cushioning and flexible fit that provides comfort and stability all through the match.
- The midsole is made of components that feature amazing resilience properties.
- To an extent, they can be pretty stiff. This means that they can require a break-in.
- Typically, some customers have been dissatisfied with heel slippage because this forces them to lace up the shoe super tight.
3. K-Swiss Men’s Ultrashot 2 Tennis Shoe
The latest K-Swiss Men’s Ultrashot 2 Tennis Shoe offers high durability, stability, and convenience. This new version comes with Surgelite which makes it more comfortable and lighter than the previous model. In addition, this product also has an enhanced tongue design. This is in addition to a warranty of 6 months on its rubber outsole.
- Package weight – 0.69 kilograms
- Color – Algiers Blue / Black / Soft Neon Orange
- Size – 8
- Product package dimensions (L x W x H) – 13.03 x 8.54 x 4.96 inches.
- Upper: the upper of the K-Swiss Men’s Ultrashot 2 Tennis Shoe is made of a combination of synthetic and mesh materials with Durawarp X PU. These materials help to provide durability, support, and comfort. In fact, the K-Swiss makers have incorporated DragGuard material in the areas of high wear in order to maximize the durability.
- Midsole: it’s amazing that the midsole has an Ortholite X-40 sockliner that enables ventilation and moisture management. This means that your do not have to be concerned about temperature regulation because the Ortholite X-40 sock liner will keep your feet cool, thanks to its breathability function. Furthermore, the midsole is Surgelite; this means that your feet is kept in place in order to enhance stability when you make quick movements.
- Outsole: here, we have an Aosta 7.0 high-density rubber outsole. This outsole has been designed in a complete herringbone structure that allows for durability and effective adhesive friction especially on clay courts.
- It has a 6-month outsole warranty
- It also has excellent durability
- It further provides maximum stability
- The cushioning is remarkable
- Just like the previous version, the Ultra Shot 2 is still heavy
- Some customers have reported sub-par breathability
4. Z-CoiL 32 Women’s Freedom Slip Resistant Enclosed Coil Leather Tennis Shoe
Thanks to its unique fitting, pain relief performance, and style, the Freedom is indeed Z-CoiL’s number one selling style. Customers have applauded this product for providing their feet with a cool feel, which is as a result of the combination of excellent breathable mesh and full grain leather. Particularly, the Z-CoiL Freedom Leather Tennis Shoe has additional padding in the inside lining, collar, and tongue; and this makes it comfortable and very soft around the feet. A notable characteristics of Z-CoiL’s is that they provide stability in every condition. This is why a lot of customers find that they easily get acquainted to the support and feel of Z-CoiL’s in no time.
- Type: leather shoe
- Material: rubber sole
- This particular version of Z-CoiL features the replaceable CoiL that is enclosed.
- It features active compression over 1 inch. This helps to reduce the impact in every step by half compared to other tennis shoes. This also consequently results in an immediate reduction in pressure and pain that is felt in your muscles, joints, and bones.
- It has a built-in rigid orthotic.
- It has also been designed with a rounded forefoot that comprises almost an inch of soft absorption.
- It is easy to get on and off the Freedom, thanks to its speed lacing.
- Just like every other Z-CoiL shoe, the Freedom features a signature spring coil under the heel. The essence of this is to provide the highest level of cushioning.
- In addition, being an original spring shoe, this Z-CoiL has been designed to ease serious back, leg, and foot pain.
- The contoured orthotic that is positioned underneath the feet provides resistance to pressure points and twisting that has been isolated. The effect is therefore better support, balance, and even stability, especially if you are walking on unleveled ground.
- Thanks to the rounded forefoot, your foot is protected from much strain and at the same time aiding with forward motion.
- Z-CoiL’s usually last 2 – 3 times longer than regular shoes. This means you get to save more money.
- You can count on Z-CoiL for relief from plantar fasciitis, diabetic neuropathy, sciatica, heel spurs, hip pain, metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, joint pain, arthritis and back pain.
- So far, there has been no glaring downside with this product.
5. ASICS Men’s Gel-Resolution 8 Tennis Shoes
- Length: Normal
- Weight: 417 grams
- Size: 10.5
- Break-in: Slight
- Arch: Medium
- Width: Medium
- Upper: the upper comprises a complete length Flexion Fit Polyurethane. This helps to maximize flexibility, support, and comfort. It also features Personal Heel Fit tech that locks in your foot for stability while moving.
- Insole: it is made of Ortholite which provides moisture management, breathability, and extended cushioning.
- Midsole: the midsole of the ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 Tennis Shoes is FlyteFoam and it comes with GEL cushioning at the back area and forefoot. This helps to provide a special comfortable and responsive feel under the feet. Let’s not forget the Torque Control Counter and Dynawall technology that provide stability for harsh court cuts. It also helps to restrict undesirable twisting for additional stability and support.
- Outsole: the outsole is made of a non-marking AHAR+ rubber. It has been designed in a single piece upgraded herringbone tread design that features pivot points for extensive durability and adhesive friction on any kind of court surface. What’s more? The outsole has been equipped with PGuard Toe Protector. This is particularly suitable for compulsive toe draggers.
- This tennis shoe enhances a responsive stride because it makes you feel “closer to the court”.
- It maintains the comfort and durability that the line is renowned for.
- The presence of Flexion Fit offers a form fitting aid.
- Depending on your personal preference, it may be a downside that the Gel-Resolution 8s are quite narrower compared to the former versions. We therefore recommend that you buy a half a size larger.
6. Lotto Mirage 100 Speed Mens Tennis shoe
- Size: 7
- Color: Red Orange
- Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Break-in: Nil
- Arch: Medium
- Width: Narrow
- Length: A little bit short
- Upper: the upper is made of Multilayer Kurim. This helps to provide breathability, support, and lightweight comfort. This Multilayer Kurim provides stability to the shoe without increasing the weight. It also enables a quick-feeling fit by molding to your feet. In addition, it features an abrasion-resistant toe cap.
- Midsole: the midsole comprises a moulded EVA and shank that provides cushioning and stability to the feet respectively. It also features an Internal Punto Flex that improves flexibility. Let’s not forget the SYN-PULSE technology that helps to limit court shock and enable you to continue moving fast with each step. This is because it provides comfort, rebound, and cushioning.
- Insole: the insole is constructed with 2 Ortholite insoles that have varying thickness; 4.0 mm for a narrower fit or 5.5 mm for extra comfort underfoot.
- Outsole: the outsole is simply wonderful: a geometric and innovative design for durability and adhesive friction on any kind of court surface.
- It has been designed to provide comfort, as well as premium stability in a lightweight design.
- The geometric and innovative design of the outsole grips well on the court. It is also very durable for prolonged usage.
- So far, we have no information concerning any downsides of this tennis shoe.
7. Nike Women’s Tennis Air Zoom Vapor Cage 4
This tennis shoe has been created with a generative design that utilizes data to integrate long-lasting rubber and tough plastic in areas of high wear. It boasts of a fantastic blend of stability and durability. This tennis shoe has a great design and positions responsive absorption underneath the forefeet in order to produce a springy feeling with each step. In essence, if you are a player who desires improved stability, high support, astounding levels of responsiveness, and optimal durability, then the Vapor 4 has been specially designed just for you!
- Length: A bit long
- Weight: 382 g
- Size: 8.5
- Arch: A bit higher than Medium
- Width: Medium
- Break-in: True
- Upper: the upper of the Nike Women’s Tennis Air Zoom Vapor Cage 4 features a special lacing system that folds around your foot for support. It is not visible so as to promote durability. In addition, the upper comprises supportive, breathable material that hugs your feet to provide comfort as soon as you step in the shoes.
- Midsole: the midsole has been designed with a Zoom Air unit in the area of the forefoot. This helps to provide extra energy, as well as a springy and responsive feel. You are also sure to experience stability and responsiveness, courtesy of the lateral foot frame.
- Outsole: the outsole has a generative design that combines Kurim and rubber for additional durability where necessary. It also enhances durability for players that slide.
- Thanks to the Zoom Air Unit in the forefeet, players are provided with extra energy as they spring into their subsequent shot.
- Particularly, hard court sliders will love the way the outsold has integration into the upper where rough movers need it the most for improved durability.
- There is an increase in the reaction time and stability as a result of the Foot Frame technology.
- There is not yet any known downsides
8. New Balance Women’s FuelCell 996 V4 Hard Court Tennis Shoe.
This New Balance tennis shoe is also one of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. It has been designed with a hyponit upper and synthetic mesh. It also has a better Full-Length FuelCell midsole that offers the very highest propulsion and return of energy. In addition, there is a complete length NDurance non-marking outsole underfoot. Its function is to provide the player with the proper ground feel that is needed is maintain dominance on any kind of court.
- It has a rubber sole
- The outsole features a Full-length NDurance compound that offers exclusive durability and traction in order to get extra wear out from the shoe.
- It has a mesh/synthetic upper
- The FuelCell foam provides a propulsive feel that helps propel you forward.
- The shaft measures just low-top from the arch.
- It comes with NDure upper technology that has been created to provided impressive durability.
- It also boasts of Hypoknit upper that has been designed to offer strategic areas of support and stretch.
- There is more room in the forefoot
- It has long laces
- It offers exchange cushioning in the midsole.
- It has a low arch
- There is usually foot movement inside the shoe
9. Babolat Men’s Tennis SFX 3 All Court
- Upper: it is made of a double-layer mesh that makes the tennis shoe durable, breathable and comfortable. There is also an extra material close to the inner forefoot and toe which provides a shield against dragging of the toe. It further features internal straps which go all the way from the bottom of the midfoot and heel, up to the laces to ensure a supportive and adaptive fit.
- Insole: the insole is bi-density, and this integrates with Babolat’s Kompressor System for long-lasting comfort and shock absorption.
- Midsole: the midsole features the Babolat’s Kompressor System as well as the Active Flexion technology.
- Outsole: Babolat partners with one of the biggest manufacturers of tire in the world and this makes them able to enhance the Michelin Performance Outsole. This consequently guarantees durability and adhesive friction on any kind of court surface.
- It incorporates the design and technology of Active Flexion. This helps to manage the key pressure areas in the feet by reducing stress in those areas.
- There is an advanced rubber compound designed by Michelin in the outsole of the shoe. It serves to ensure durability and increased traction.
- It is great for individual’s who have wide feet; because these shoes offer extra space naturally.
- None yet.
10. New Balance Men’s 806 V1 Tennis Shoe
- Material: 10% synthetic, and 90% leather
- It has a rubber sole
- It is a lace-up tennis shoe featuring a reinforced toe that has a side panel and a perforated toe compartment.
- It is a Medicare diabetic shoe
- It has a long-wear Drag Tip
- It has excellent fitting
- There is no glaring downside with this product yet.
Top 3 winners for Best Tennis Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
So here we have our top 3 winners for best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. We have carefully selected them based on an extensive evaluation of numerous customers reviews, as well as their pricing and top features.
Babolat Men’s Tennis SFX 3 All Court
This product is definitely going to be our number one choice without any hesitation. For starters, it has an amazing 5/5 star rating, with impressive reviews on Amazon. In terms of pricing, it also comes at a minimum price of $100. It’s just superb! Asides from the obvious fact that there is not yet any downside to this Babolat tennis shoe, it also tops this list because of the incorporation of the Active Flexion technology to alleviate stress in the body through the management of the key pressure areas. The innovation is simply remarkable!
Mizuno Men’s Wave Exceed Tour 4 All Court Tennis Shoe
This product takes the second overall ranking position with an impressive 4-stars review on Amazon and a pricing of $119. Mizuno is ranked here mainly because of its excellent cushioning and resilience properties.
Z-CoiL Women’s Freedom Slip Resistant Enclosed Coil Leather Tennis Shoe
And here we have our third winner! Z-CoiL’s Freedom makes this overall list with a 4-stars rating review on Amazon and a minimum pricing of $270.90. The pricing extends to as much as $279.95. Z-CoiL makes this list of the 3 best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis because of its feature of pain relief performance against a plethora of numerous kinds of pains.
First and foremost, durability should be your primary concern when shopping for a new tennis shoe. Professional tennis players understand that tennis is a sport that requires high energy. In fact, compared to other sports; like football, and athletics, tennis is actually more hard-wearing. Therefore, when buying a tennis shoe, check for a quality shoe that has a sturdy upper, and an outsole that can endure the quick sprints, fast stops, side-to-side movements, and other perks of the sport.
2. Foot type
The best tennis shoe for you will largely depend on the size and shape of your feet too. It is necessary that you know what the types of foot are and which one you belong to. The three foot types are neutral, overproduction, and underproduction. Each of these foot type is best suited for a particular kind of shoe.
3. Court surface
This is a factor that most people do not consider when shopping for a new tennis shoe. However, it is crucial to be enlightened that playing on a soft or clay court is not the same as playing on a hard or concrete court, or even a multi-court. For a soft court, you will need to get a tennis shoe with a sole that guarantees higher traction. On the other hand, concrete court is more wearing to the tennis sole.
4. Playing Style
Do you know that the kind of shoe worn by a serve-n-volley player is different from that worn by a baseline player? This simply translates that it is quintessential for you to determine what kind of player you are first, before you buy just any tennis shoe.
5. Miscellaneous factors
Other necessary things that you should consider are: cost, arch support, cushioning, and comfort. They all contribute to how enjoyable your tennis shoe would serve you.
What exactly is Plantar fasciitis?
Basically, plantar fasciitis refers to an excessive injury, usually gotten from activities related to sports that involve jumping or running. It may also be caused as a result of inappropriate shoe choices or irregular foot mechanics.
Is it possible for shoes to cause plantar fasciitis?
The simple answer is yes. You’re probably wondering; “how?” By wearing shoes that have bad arch support and soft soles, it is possible for one to develop plantar fasciitis. In addition, the tight Achilles tendons, which are those tendons that attach your calf muscles to your heels, may equally cause plantar fasciitis pain.
What are the best plantar fasciitis shoes for women?
For women, these are some of the best plantar fasciitis shoes: Vionic Women’s Kea Orthotic Trainers, Vionic Women’s Rest Joan Mule, Brooks Women’s Adrenaline GTS 18, and Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes.
Will Plantar fasciitis ever heal?
Yes, plantar fasciitis will typically go away within 6 to 18 months without any form of treatment. In fact, if the person engages in consistent and non-operative treatment for six months, it is almost certain that the person will recover smoothly like other people who recover from plantar fasciitis 97% of the time.
How do I make plantar fasciitis go away fast?
- Make sure you engage in exercises that strengthen your foot muscles and lower leg.
- Try to stretch the bottom of your foot, Achilles tendon, and calves.
- You can also use NSAIDS – Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – to ease the inflammation and improve the condition of your foot.
In conclusion, there should not be any further issue once you have successfully selected one of the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis. Hopefully, this article has achieved its aim to enlighten you on the top 10 picks. What are you waiting for? Go get the best tennis shoe for you!